Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hola From Nicaragua

Hola from Nicaragua,
     Things are going very well so far!  I have seen many of my friends and projects are starting to come together.  As always there are so many things that we are ask to do and only so many that are possible.  All we can do is Pray and hope that we choose the correct ones.  If I could only win the Lottery, this would make these trips a whole lot easier! Thank goodness they have ATM’s down here and many places take credit cards. 

     Tomorrow we will make the decision who we are going to build a house for.  Since we only have a small group getting here on Thursday, I will be hiring out the labor to build the house.  A house usually cost us about $3,500.00 to build, but I am trying to pull some strings and get this cut a little.  We have added one project to our list and need the additional money.  I mentioned in my earlier post that we were going to do some work at the girl’s refuge house for the abused girls that were rescued from the city dump.  Well now they have started a boy’s house also and we want to do some things there.  This is a new house that the Buzbies (the family that have the school in the dump) have recently started.  Currently that have six of the cutesiest little boys you have ever seen.  They all want to hug on you and feel your arms around them.  They all say to you in English “God Bless You”.  They are the ones that need God’s Blessing, I have already been blessed by God more than I deserve.   

     When the rest of our group gets here they will be concentrating on Christmas for children at Remar Orphanage and the children in the school at the dump.  We will have a Christmas party for the kids at the school and take the kids from the orphanage Christmas shopping and getting their school clothes and supplies for their upcoming school year which starts in February.  We will have a Christmas party at the orphanage on Saturday night.  The Christmas party I have every year for the children at the New Jerusalem Church will be Sunday afternoon and the Christmas party for the kids at the Presbyterian Church will take place after we leave.  I will have someone here take pictures and send back to me.   

     Until a couple years ago I never ask for help with what I am involved in here in Nicaragua.  Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and the people here are very needy and the Children have virtually no opportunities at all.  But I can no longer afford to do all of this on my own and I have no choice but to ask for your help.  God says you will never receive unless you ask.  So again I am asking for your help!  All of the Children that we sponsor in school are all closely monitored by a Pastor friend I have here on a monthly basis.  All of the work we do here is all closely monitored.  So I know all of the money we spend here goes 100 percent for its intended purpose.  The Pastor I mentioned has a son Dennis who just finished his third year in the Medical College here.  He could never have done this without OUR help.  Dennis’s sister just graduated from high school and she also wants to be a Doctor.  The youngest in this family has one more year in high school and he wants to be a Dentist.  This is a wonderful family with very intelligent, driven children.  There is no way this Pastor on his $150.00 a month salary could ever afford any of this.  The other Children we help in school could never afford what they are doing without OUR help.  I send money down here 4 times a months, 12 months out of the year, to do this Mission. 

     If you can find it in your heart to help me with this you can send a TAX DEDUCTABLE check to our 501(c)3 Non-Profit Corporation, the Nicarguaian Education, Shelter and Heath Fund, Inc. (NESH).  I guarantee to you we have -0- administrative cost.  What little administrative cost we do have is for government fees and they are all paid for by the Kroger Corporation through the use of reusable Kroger Gift Cards that they give us a 5% donation on all the money used on them.

     Please send anything you can to “NESH”, P.O. Box 731, Barboursville, WV  25504.  You have no idea how much I appreciate your help.  Also anyone that would like to accompany me on one of our trips, I would love for you to join us and you will truly understand why we are doing what we do.

     Merry Christmas and I would love to personally thank everyone who reads this. 

GOD BLESS YOU

Jack


No comments:

Post a Comment